An adoption fee is due at time of adoption approval. This covers previous expenses of the dog, including appropriate vaccinations, altering, microchipping, and transportation fees from the South.
- Under 6 months- $495
- 6 months to 2 years- $450
- 2 years to 6 years- $400
- Over 6 years- $350
Before dogs are brought north, they have extensive vetting and care —
- All dogs are spayed/neutered and serve a two week quarantine period before leaving the shelter
- Every dog arrives microchipped, with medical records, and an interstate health certificate to accompany the animal on transport.
- Dogs that are >180 days old are tested for heartworm, Lyme disease and canine ehrlichiosis with the results (Negative) noted on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection.
- Dogs are immunized against the following diseases:
- Canine Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Infectious Tracheobronchitis, Canine Parvo Virus
- Rabies for dogs 3 months and older.
- Dogs must have a negative fecal for worms, coccidia, and giardia and be given Flea/tick preventative before boarding the transportation truck.
Ways to Support the Rescue —
Check out our wishlists!
Healthy puppies for life
The best way to stop the cycle of pet overpopulation
Every dog is microchipped to get them home safely if they ever get lost
We work with a caring certified animal transport who hand delivers our dogs safely to us in Maine - they ride in style!
the most vulnerable
a home of my own??
Still have a lot of good times left !
Veterinary care when it counts the most